Curious About Pies

I'm an amateur cook who'd like to get really good at making pies. I've opted for the immersion method: between August 2011 and August 2012, I'm making at least one pie per week. On this blog, I'll share my pie progress.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Honey-Sweetened Cherry Pie


Pretty much my usual crust recipe here, with a lattice top (ugly and a bit fragmented because I was in a hurry and trying to do other stuff at the same time... pies and multitasking don't go well together!). What's really special here is the cherries, which came from pals Melina and Maxamilion's cherry tree. 
For the filling I used this recipe: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/honey_sweetened_cherry_pie.html. I pre-baked the bottom crust for a solid 35 minutes or so, then baked the filled & topped pie another 35-40 minutes. I think I pre-baked the bottom a bit too much, but all in all it worked well.

This was good the first night, but much better the second night, after the fruits had mushed down a little bit and lost their globular pride. Served with maple-vanilla ice cream.

I didn't really take any making-of photos, so here are a couple finished-pie photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment