Curious About Pies

I'm an amateur cook who'd like to get really good at making pies. I've opted for the immersion method: between August 2011 and August 2012, I'm making at least one pie per week. On this blog, I'll share my pie progress.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Guest Pie: Nina's Vegan Apple Galette




Awesome east coast pal Nina made a pie and sent me the pictures. Here's what she says:
I was pretty nervous about it since I've never attempted anything like this before, but it was fantastic. Baked and tender, and perfect with a little almond dream faux ice cream. Here's the recipe:
http://urbanvegan.net/search/?q=galette
 


I promise not to slack on my weekly piemaking, but I do hereby invite readers to send in their own pie success stories (please include at least one photo and a recipe!). The world needs more homemade pie!

1 comment:

  1. I ended up baking it in a tart pan, since I had one, but it was completely unnecessary. I think that when I make it again, I'll go free-form.

    ReplyDelete