Curious About Pies

I'm an amateur cook who'd like to get really good at making pies. I've opted for the immersion method: between August 2011 and August 2012, I'm making at least one pie per week. On this blog, I'll share my pie progress.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sunblock for Pies

Carolyn Walters has offered more pie wisdom, and I thought I'd share it with any readers who may benefit from it. The photos she sent speak for themselves, I won't try to take any credit or add any advice. The dilemma is: how to keep a crust-top from burning? The solution, in a word: foil.

In her words:
I have a couple photos on how to protect a pie crust while baking -- wasn'tsure if you already knew of this technique.  I was overcooking pie edges foryears before I heard about this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment